11.20.2006

Kitchen With House

This weekend we looked at a house.

Ok, a townhouse. But, more of a house than we have now. A lovely, glorious house that I would have given everything I have now to own.

Oh yes, and $550,000.

Three stories. A garage. A bricked patio with a fire pit. A second floor deck. 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. New hardwood floors. And, The Kitchen.

Oh, The Kitchen.

The Kitchen was glorious. Magnificent. Perfect for all the cooking I intend to do. You know, when I have a house. With a Gloriously Magnificent Kitchen.

For $550,000.

In a perfect location. A cute, eclectic part of our town. We'd just had a funky brunch down the street and stopped by The Kitchen With House because there was an Open Kitchen, er, I mean, Open House sign.

Closed House = $550,000.

I sometimes wonder how we're going to swing it. We know where we want to live and we know what we want, and the affordability factor is the only variable that doesn't cease to amaze us in this area.

Now, I can survive without 3 stories, I can even sacrafice a garage and a bedroom. But, we have to have two bedrooms, we ( and here by "we" I mean "I") must have A Gloriously Magnificent Kitchen and we have to have safe locale.

Kitchen With House, where are you? We're almost ready. I hope you are too. Like some hope to get pregnant, I hope that in 6-12 months, I'll be in labor with Kitchen With House. And, I'll nuture and take care of Kitchen With House, dress her in beautiful things, and watch her evolve, from Kitchen with House into Home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Kitchen better have a dishwasher!