12.27.2006

Home-Made Christmas Denouement

Time to end the suspense. Everyone of my friends asked me last week what on Earth I was making for my family.

I made:
For my brother, a Guy's Guy Cookbook. I only included simple recipes and sections with titles like "Tailgating." I hand-wrote all the recipes in the cookbook myself. I also cut photos of girls from FHM magazine and pasted them sporadically through the book with word bubbles saying things like, "Oo baby, I just love your meatballs!" And, "Take me to the tailgate party!"

For my dad, I had my honey take a picture of me in front of the Potomac River, with the Washington Monument and other monuments behind me. I was waving and smiling. I then blew this picture up to poster size. I went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and bought a window. I stapled my life-size poster of myself waving behind the glass. So now, when my dad hangs this window on the wall, it will look as if I am right outside the window, waving at him inside.

For my mom, I designed and printed new business cards.

My mom made me this fabulous basket of soups. All the ingredients are layered beautifully in the jars. All I have to do is open the jar and follow the instructions she typed and glued on the outside of jars. Even the jars and basket they are in is gorgeous.

My brother used a red charger plate and created a clock!

My dad made me a wall hanging, with rocks and feathers. It is decorative and matches my decor beautifully.

No comments: