1.27.2007

I Do Love Something Sweet

Lately, I feel like I've been pushing a lot of websites on The Blossom Risk, but I come across so many that are too wonderful and fun to pass up. If anyone is reading this on a regular basis 1- let me know!, 2- tell all your friends to read too, and 3- check out this webbie I'm about to describe for you.

I found it just this morning when I Googled "shoe repair in Old Town." Three pairs of my best shoes have completely destroyed heels and one pair even has a hole in the toe! It's on the bottom and I would have never known if it hadn't snowed three times this week, but that's another story. While I am thinking of it, I also need to Google "socks for work" because they're a new concept to me as well. But, I digress.

One of the search results for a shoe repair shop was a recommendation from Daily Candy. Has anyone else heard of this site before now?

I have spent the past two hours reading and clicking, reading and clicking. This is truly a tool for newbies like me-- and also possibly for area veterans who are looking for something new. The site features several cities, so even if you don't live in DC, Daily Candy may have a piece of sweet just for you too. It also has an edition called "Everywhere" and "Kids." There is "Travel," too.

I might get a little obsessed and see how they choose recommendations and who does the writing. But, for now, I have more reading to do!

No comments: