
We did it; we're all married now! Now I can get back to being a dedicated blogger instead of the super slacker I've been recently. Apologies, apologies.
We tied the knot on April 20th in Hawaii and I am certain I had the single most perfect wedding that ever existed. The man I was lucky enough to promise to cherish now and forever, the weather, the setting, our families there, the pretty flowers I held in my hands and the dinner afterward. I felt like a pretty little Hawaiian princess, wondering what I'd done to deserve such a wonderful, perfect day.
The vacation was also more perfect than I've ever imagined. The company of our friends and family made it even more full and special. We snorkeled with big rainbow painted fishes, we tried surfing and owied over our rubbed-raw skin, we air-kissed sea turtles and ogled at giant waves, scooping up brave hearts and tossing them here and there. We were so lucky.
Everything there was so beautiful and pristine that it strengthened my desire to do everything I can to be nice to our Earth. I don't ever want anything to happen to ruin that beauty, to take it away or destroy it forever.
Next year, for our anniversary, we're going to Kauai.
Now, we have our reception coming up in June here in Virginia and life is slowly moving back toward normal. Eric went back to work today, I'm traveling for work next week and have magazine assignments on this month's stack.
Lookout for my new byline: Carissa Sutherland Ciuca!
2 comments:
I'm so glad your wedding and honeymoon were perfect! You definitely deserve it! I wish you the best of luck as you venture down this new path! I hope your new hubby is being good to you! It's so weird to think of you as married, but I know it's to the right person!
So you're keeping your maiden name too? Awesome.
Tell the Mr. that his one of umpteen new cousins said hi!
Gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment