Today you get two posts for the cost of one-- free! No really, I had to share 2 examples of how being too busy will cause one very smart cookie to lose her mind. Here goes:
Today I bought maternity pants. Yes, the kind the with big, wide soft waist band made to stretch out and around a big pregnant belly. At least they're not jeans. They are yoga pants. When I tried them on at H&M this afternoon, I thought--Cool, this is one of those wide-ish waist bands that you roll down around your hips. Nope. Uh-uh. When I got home and took them out of the bag, I placed my hand over my wide mouth as my eyes read the tag: H&Mama.
Oops. Oh well, they're still comfy. And if I eat a big meal, I guess I can roll this band back up over my tummy to touch the bottom of my boobs and hold in my Food Baby.
#2.
I'm hungry. I finished the last post and wanted food. I walked around the corner to Whole Foods and smile when I see the hour on the door. Open till 10pm daily. I walk to the front door and attempt to side-step a man at the door. He blocks me and I think he's a beggar or salesy person on the sidewalk.
He says: I'm sorry ma'am, we're closed.
I say: What?! Is something wrong?
He says: No, we're closed for the night.
I say: But the sign says you're open till 10.
He says: Ma'am, it's 10:30.
Oops. Wow. I forgot to eat. And to look at a clock. Time to take a deep breath and do better tomorrow. 3 squares and a time check every so often does a body (and mind) good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment