11.06.2007

Things My Husband Said

This morning, in bed. 7am.

Me: Why don't you get up and do yoga with me?

Him: No thanks.... I never get to sleep in and I'm all comfyyyyy.

Me: Oh c'mon it'll be fun! I'll teach you what I learned this weekend.

Him: mmmm. Can we do it naked?

Me: Um, no.

Him: But, just think, it'll be liberating and freeing!

Me: Not for me. I'll be self-conscious and cold.

Him: Oh.

Me: And, yoga's about liberating the soul, not so much the body.

Him: Well, I think your soul's boobs need liberated.

Me: You mean my boobs' souls?

Him: No, I mean your soul's boobs. I picture your soul as another you inside your body.

Me: Oh. Well. Still not happening.

Him: Oh.

Long pause.

Me: I'm going to start a new blog. It's going to be called Things My Husband Said. And, I'm going to document all these crazy things you say.

Him: No, don't do that.

Me: Don't worry, I'll be anonymous and people will read it and be like, Who is this couple?? And secretly it will be us.

Him: Well. Ok.

He did yoga with me this morning. Fully clothed. Both of us.

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

i've tried to talk the fella into going to yoga with me but he's overly concerned he'll pass gas in class.

boys are silly.

Jenny said...

And you STILL blogged about it. I like that :-)