4.13.2008

present perfect







Friday, Eric and I had a picnic dinner after work. He picked me up at five and we drove down to the tidal basin, near the Jefferson Memorial, to catch the last bit of pink on the trees, the warm sun, the green grass and the spring springing around us.




With no blanket, we parked our tushies on the grass. Well, I parked mine and then promptly laid down and threw my arms back in surrender. I took my shoes off quick and dug my toes into the long grass. I couldn't stop sighing. Relief.




Eric packed a surprise assortment of things in the picnic bag that Sarah and Tim got us as a wedding gift (note: if you ever don't know what to get someone, this has turned out to be an awesome treat for us! Until you have one, you never realize how often you can use a picnic set!!). We munched hummus with pita, olives, organic turkey breast and provolone, and a fruit tart pie. Yum!






1 comment:

Sizzle said...

That last photo is awesome. And your shirt is super cute. :)