5.21.2008

HGRL

Do you guys read Skirt! ? That was not an emphatic question, by the way. The mag's called Skirt! , exclamation included. You read most of it online. This month's cover, pasted above for your reading pleasure. Now get over there and peruse the rest of the essays.

--

I am learning that HGRL and HGTV are so different! HGRL (that's Real Life) takes far longer than 30 minutes. But, it's far more rewarding and fun than the 30 minutes spent on HGTV. So far, we've (and I use the term "we" quite loosely... as my dad, Eric's dad and Eric have done most everything...) installed a new water heater and dishwasher, reroofed our outdoor shed, put in new french doors on the outdoor shed, regrouted the stone fireplace hearth, installed sensor lights, re drywalled the kitched and painted furniture and the bathroom. Next up, siding and, as they say on HGTV and we're all starting to say in HGRL as well, "curb appeal." Bye-bye unsightly tree and weeds. Hello pretty flowers and refinished front stoop!

Pictures to come soon. Stay tuned!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics and plan a trip to come see it in real life! By the way, I too am in love with the Skirt cover this month!

Donna said...

I believe you left out the insulation in the attic and a workbench???