I just wanna be myself
And I'm gonna love it.
Let 'em get mad
They're gonna hate anyway.
Don't you get that?
Doesn't matter if you're going on with their plan,
They'll never be happy
'Cause they're not happy with themselves....
Feeling great because the light's on me.
Celebrating the things that everyone told me
Would never happen.
But God has put his hands on me,
And ain't a man alive could ever take it from me....
I gotta keep on taking care of myself,
I wanna live long.
Ain't never ashamed what life did to me.
Wasn't afraid to change,
'cause it was good for me
mary j.* pumps me up with this song almost every morning.
sometimes, i remember this one time, someone in my life told me that i was going to mess up and lose the best thing i had going for me-- meaning themselves. it used to make me so sad and mad at myself that i actually believed those rotten words.
but sometimes, now, i really just have to giggle. think they know how wrong they were?
*thanks, ali, for my dance dance mix! my mornings are the jam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carissa, you are too sweet! I finally got around to reading this, and I'm so happy you like the dance music! :)
Post a Comment