12.04.2006

Tagged by Jenny

Jenny tagged me. I'd love to tag someone else, but I have no other blogging friends to speak of. So, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged and join our fun.

Egg Nog or hot chocolate? I've never had egg nog, the words give me a gross taste in mouth, so I haven't tried it. Hot chocolate is ok.

Do you hang mistletoe? I haven't before. I'm smoochy anyhow and rarely need an additional reason to pucker up.

When do you put up your decorations? This year, the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Favorite holiday memory as a child: Opening the home-made gifts we make each year.

When did you learn the truth about Santa? Second grade, someone told me the truth and I didn't believe it. So, I asked my teacher if it was true, and she said yes. Then, I went home to ask my mom. She said it was true too. I then asked her, "But, what about the Easter Bunny?" And, she said to think hard about it and I'd figure it out. Good thing I still believe in the Easter Bunny and he isn't a fake like Santa!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only the home-made ones.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Presently, I have hand-me-down bulbs from my mom and some lights.

Snow: I haven't seen it actually fall from the sky in YEARS. I hope this year will break that trend... just not as I am walking to the train station. =)

Can you ice skate? Barely... I am too afraid to lift my left foot, so I just kind of push along with my right. Think: skateboarding.

Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't have a favorite, but my favoriteS are the home-made ones.

What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being close to family and friends and celebrating the love and tradition that is inside us all.

What’s your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie.

What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Our home-made gifts.... I REALLY like this part of Christmas!

What tops your tree? Air and probably dust. I need to buy a star...

Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I LOVE giving gifts. This year, I have too much stuff stored in the top of my closet. Things I bought throughout the year with someone in mind...

What’s your favorite Christmas song? Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Candy canes – yum or yuck? Yum!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so funny. Air and dust? Maybe I'll give you a star for Chrismas -- homemade of course!

Kim G. said...

Hi there! Found you from Jenny Rough's blog. Welcome to blogging!

I love how you have such a history and still love the homemade gifts! I think those are so meaningful and much harder to do than just shopping in a mall. I have great intentions each year and make a few things but I always wish I had time to do more.

CC said...

Thanks for the welcome! The homemade gifts is a tradition my mom started years ago and it has become the best part of Christmas for all of us. The gifts are getting so nice, so professional looking, its hard to keep up each year! I'll blog about what we all made each other for 06 right after Christmas.