2.15.2007

Flipping Snow Patties


Spatula shines as kitchen's over-achiever. It wields wonder while flipping burgers and scraping stuck-on Saturday night dinner on Tuesday morning. It stirs when spoons are too lazy, and folds omlettes with care.

This morning, my spatula joined the superstar league of rare spatula glory.

My spatula doubled as an ice scraper.
An ice scraper is, I learned today, essential to winter life. As are gloves, a scarf that's meant for warmth and not fashion, rubber soled boots and real socks. I had the coat part down. Who knew I'd need all the extra accessories?

My de-ice spray can felt light, and confirmed my suspicions when it blew nothing but air. Spatula stepped in, holding back fear, and went to work on the windsheild.



4 comments:

Sizzle said...

clever!

Traci said...

Yes, very clever!
Credit cards work too, but for ice, not so much for snow, or library cards, anything along that line.

Jenny said...

As someone who hasn't seen winter in 10 years, I'm right there with you about suddenly realizing all the accessories I need!

Anonymous said...

Spatula saves the day.
I once used a frisbee to scrape the snow/ice from my windshield.

Doesn't this make us just like MacGuyver?