
I've been working very hard to be more positive. Especially after we came back from Hawaii and I felt so happy and peaceful, I wanted to maintain as much as that feeling in my day-to-day life as possible. I figured the best way to do it was to live positively. Admittedly, I'm not always the best. Sometimes, I'm rather crappy at it actually. But at the beginning of last week I made a commitment to keep it up for one week straight through.
For me, living positively means not only being positive but also being tolerant and compassionate. And, it also doesn't always mean outwardly and vocally, but often it's inward or non-verbal. So, I've been trying to stifle any negative gossip I might normally engage in, listen more intently and show genuine interest in things that don't involve me, smile more and be pleasant, or when I'm happy or love someone/thing, I let it out.
The biggest one, though, is getting myself to see the bigger picture and not getting tangled in details. Usually, when every detail of something I am involved with isn't going as I planned, I can freak out and act frustrated with the person who isn't following my plan-- of course, everyone should just read my mind and the world would be a better place, right? Joking aside, I am working on accepting everyone has their own plan and vision, and so long as the big picture comes out the way we all hoped, the details are minor. Why not enjoy the experience, allow everyone to be themselves and revel in the unified outcome when it's all complete?
In no way am I ignoring my feelings or stifling my emotions. I acknowledge how I feel, deal with it, or diplomatically and politely put it out there to share if need be. So, I've been working on tolerance, positivity and compassion. Small ways.
BIG outcome!
This week has been great! Seriously, positive energy is a boomerang and I've been playing catch all week. One great thing after another has been happening around/to/for me. Small things-- like the outfit comment for example-- and bigger things, but all super cool things, nonetheless. And, the best part of all, I just feel so much better! I feel happy and light and free.
Positive has been a good investment for me.
I told Eric about this yesterday, about my putting it out there and how it seems to be coming back. He said, "Yes, but it could also be that you've cleared your mind to actually see all the good things. They were always there, but when your mood is more positive you're more open to seeing and accepting them."
"Wow. You are probably so right," I said, amazed at his insight.
"Probably a little of both," he replied.
Yep, probably some of both. Either way, I'm making another deposit in the Tolerance Bank this week and hoping my returns keep increasing.
2 comments:
i think both are true. but the boomerang effect is pretty amazing and really, everyone wins.
Words to live by....
Post a Comment