9.04.2007

I Think I'll Just Wear This?

Everyday I put on the most perfect thing and then I have to take it back off again. It's comfortable, has the most flattering high collar. It has a cinch waist with a belt and hits just below my knee. I love the way I look in it and the cream color brings out my green eyes and pink lips.

It's my bathrobe.

I looked in the mirror this weekend and wished I could just wear it out. I love the way I look in it, asymmetrically wrapped so tight around my body, collar brushing my cheeks, high and tight waist accentuating the super curve that runs from my middle to my lower half.
I visualized myself walking out the door to work: black heels, tote in hand, cell phone pressed to my ear, perfect makeup (or as perfect as I'm able to get it...), jewelry and my bathrobe as my outfit of choice. Would anyone notice or would they simply think I was in a funky new fall sweater dress of sorts?

No, really, I did contemplate this.

I actually did get a wrappy warm sweater with a belt from Benetton last fall. When I took this photo, below, wearing the wrappy warm sweater, Eric said he hated it because it looked like a bathrobe.
Funny. That's precisely why I bought it.












2 comments:

Sizzle said...

that's one cute sweater.

Sarah said...

I'm with you...if I could wear my bath robe and slippers out I would be one happy camper. Oh, wait, I kinda do...I wore fuzzy crocs and an oversized sweater today! That's the best part of living in Baltimore...I could go out in South Balti with my hair in curlers, a robe and no undershirt/pants and fit right in! ;-)